Hello i'm a slacker! Never updated about my trip to phoenix with my dad and 2 girls. (kenneth stayed home cuz he had to work) My dad drove me and my 2 girls down to see my sister Brandi for 7 days! She moved from Maui to Phoenix back in June and it had been a couple of years since I had seen her and she hadn't met her niece Leah! We drove down there a few days after Leah cracked her skull back in October.
Leah meeting her cousins Dylan and Mya for the first time! And of course Chloe girl. Chloe and Mya talked alot on webcam so they were very excited to finally see eachother!
My "lil" sister Brandi and I at the splashpad at the resort, Yes she got all the height, I blame ritalin! lol.
We stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club where she works. She is like a revenue manger or something.. it's a special important job whatever it is! She won some employee of the entire worldwide Marriott corporation and was granted 3 weeks of super cheap stays at any Marriott. She used one week for us! Her working at Marriott since she was 16 has spoiled my entire family. It's impossible not to stay at one. If you know me you know i'm like hippie ghetto thrifty etc. However, when it comes to hotels, Marriotts are the only way to go people!!
Leah and Chloe playing at their very first splash pad EVER!
Chloe and Leah with cousin Mya
Chloe, cousin Dylan and lil Leah in old town
Chloe and Leah outside of a yummy mexican place we at at in old town.. First I had sat chloe on the donkey then I seen a sign that says very old and fragile DO NOT SIT! haha oops.
Chloe loving on me (=
Chloe thinking she is super cool with mommy's sunglasses
These 2 became the bestest of friends while we were down here. They grew SOO SOO close. I don't know what it was, maybe the fact that leah had a near death experience right before we came down? Chloe was very concerned about her baby sister when this happened. She still talks about it and is always asking to see pics of Leah at the dr from when she cracked her skull.
Rough housing.. yes every move Leah made I freaked out! She actually did end up falling off the couch and I about had a panic attack! It was worth watching them giggle out of control since she didn't get hurt.
Phoenix Zoo.. pretty much the coolest zoo yet! Hogle shmogle! seriously. These people take care of their animals and there lamas humps are in tact! not falling over looking all painful like the ones we have! It was so interactive too. They had a monkey place where you could go in with them swinging around you. However you couldn't have food, dish ware, anything loose because they would\could come up and snatch it from you! Leah loved the monkeys. I didn't go in, I sat out and kept on on our stuff.. Kenneth loves monkeys too and I preferred saving this experience for when he gets the chance to come down!
My dad helping Chloe see birds. Chloe LOVES birds.
about 3 minutes after we pulled out of the parking lot of the zoo!
on our way home from the zoo we stopped at Alberstons for Donuts ( we had been craving them all day!) and Chicken... great combo eh!
My favorite part about this trip and pretty much the main reason my dad invited me and my girls is so he could get some quality time in with them. My parents dont live far from us but we don't see them as much as we could. Prior to this trip Chloe wouldn't have much to do with my dad. Now she demands I call him and when he comes over she asks him if she can leave with him. Plan worked! Being in an enviroment where she got to be around my dad 24/7 made a huge impact on their relationship! A good one at that.
They bonded (=
And so did him and Leah!
Again, these 2 being the best of sisters/friends. Leah hanging on to her sis watching a movie.
The last full day we were in phoenix we celebrated Mya's Birthday. This was in the courtyard of the Marriott. It was so pretty and a great place to have a lil party.
Another reason for the trip was so my girls could get to know their auntie Brandi better. They've talked to her so much via web cam so when they actually seen her in person they took advantage of it. Chloe still asks about phoenix and her auntie and that she misses her so so much.
Hoping to beable to get the chance to go down and see her again. It was a 10 hour drive and to our surprise Leah was the BEST lil traveler EVER! She did better then all of us! I was concerned about her and scared the shizz out of my dad because she hates the car most of the time. However ever since this trip she does so well in cars! Everything about the trip was awesome! Love and miss you sis! xoxo
1 comment:
Aww, I miss you guys! Love that pic of them both passed out in the car! Yes it was so scary Leah's every move gave me a heart attack too! Love you!
Post a Comment