Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanksgiving 2010

Every year we have Thanksgiving lunch at my parents house then dinner at Kenneth's parents house. It works out perfect for us!

Kenneth with my grandma sheetz


Leah with great grandma sheetz! My sweet grandma recently had surgery to remove her breast cancer! She rocks! She is a survivor!  

Me with my grandma sheetz. She is my only living grandparent and has been since I was very little. Unfortunately I never met my grandpa sheetz or either of my dad's parents. My dad's mom, Evada passed away from diabetes before my mom even met my dad, my dad was in his early 20's when she died. My parents were married in March 1979, my dad's dad George passed away from a stroke shortly after my parents married so I never met my grandrents from the Flack side. I did have great grandparents on my mom's side but they both passed when I was really little. So I'm very happy to have my grandma sheetz and was very excited when she won her battle with breast cancer! She is a strong woman and I love her so so much!

Me with my oldest sister Stacey.

Chloe and her cousin Mia

Leah ready to eat her tatoes

My auntie kathy making whipped cream.. I think! haha

Boiled Raisin cake that I make every year. It's Flack tradition. My grandma Evada use to make it for my dad's family. I screwed it up this year and used the wrong recipe, however I redeemed myself at the Flack christmas party and made TWO cakes and they turned out perfect! My dad was alot HAPPIER with this REAL second batch!

Chloe and I at Burke Turkey Dinner

 Tally, Leah and Todd at the Burke Dinner


We are so lucky that my parents just live up the street and his parents live next door! It makes it easy~

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Thanks for posting these pictures! I haven't been home in so long so I really enjoyed seeing this. Your post about grandma made me cry.

KMCLE☠ßUЯKE said...

MADE MYSELF CRY!!! LOVE YOU.