Yesterday Wednesday morning i threw some pork roast in the crockpot for dinner, dropped chloe off to school, headed to Juls to visit like me, leah & emmett do every weekday morning. About 11:15 Emmett started acting super tired. He started whining & threw himself forward super hard.. He was just in perfect range to smack his forehead right on the corner of the wall and he split his forehead wide open!! It was literally the scariest thing that Ive witnessed. I grabbed him and turned him towards me and there was BLOOD running all down his face into his eyes, mouth, neck, clothes!! Sooo much blood!!! I jumped up with him and ran into the bathroom, juls got me a hand towel and i immediately applied pressure to it.. As I was doing this, Juls & I were both panicking yelling "OMG WHAT DO WE DO!!!" We both dialed 911, I saw her on her phone and I threw my phone at her and started yelling to get the ambulance here faster faster there is soooo much blood & he was screaming and crying so bad!! The ambulance pulled up, they evaluated him and said he was just fine and I was ok to just drive him myself to the hosp. They put some gauze and med tape on it, I put him in his carseat, loaded Leah and headed to Primary Childeren's. During all of this juls had called Kenneth for me. He left work so he could go pick Chloe up from school at noon... he took her to juls so he could go back to work!!! Thank you so much juls for letting Chloe hang out while Leah & I took care of baby brother!! PCMC is the best hospital to take your kids too!! They were amazing stitching Emmett up. They had to sedate him & wrap him up like a baby burrito (i miss those baby burrito days) I couldnt watch cus blood makes me queasy but leah got to watch the whole thing. Crazy girl. This awesome lady came in with her iPad and held it il for him the entire time he was being stitched up, helping keep his attn away from the dr doing what he does best! Funny, at one point the DR looked at me and said, "by the way, you look like an extra in a horror film, you have blood all over you and in your hair" Haha love when in this type of situation, someone can be comedic!!! Seriously, i love a good laugh!!! My hair, hoodie & jeans were a bloody mess!!!
Anyway of course being a BOY he is already back to normal standing on chairs & making me absolutely crazy every second, with Bronchitis, patched up head and all (=
Oh yea, so I finally get home from this chaos about 4:00.. As soon as i got into the back porch I smelt dinner!!! I totally forgot i was crock potting a pork roast!! Thank god for crock pots, it still had an hour left to cook and ended up being amazing! I got the recipe off this McCormick slow cookers! Mmmm delish! Thank you crockpot for making my life easier! Im pretty sure this is not my last ER visit with my kids!









No comments:
Post a Comment