
Today I am 15 weeks and feeling soooo much better! I still have morning sickness but just in the morning. Ill take it =)
Yesterday we had HAVC come and INSTALL CENTRAL AIR!! I am so stoked! They come back today to finish up with some wiring and we are as good as COOLed down!
Next up is cleaning out the room where baby Emmett will be taking over. We have a ton to do. That room is currently not all the way finished, needs flooring and some TLC. Its also being consumed by loads and bags of girl clothes. Its overwhelming to even think about having to go through them. Also there is already a built in closet that has been part of that room for at least 50 years... If you have seen our closet it looks exactly like it.. A couple big drawers going across the bottom... These havent been opened in who knows how long and it totally creeps me out. I love my house but it has its creepy moments cus of the age. The house was built in the 30's or so. Ill have to ask grandpa burke for a more accurate age but it seems like he said he bought it in the 50's. God only knows how him and grandma shirley raised 6 kids here. Thats the story now... Back then houses were smaller and families were bigger.. Now housed are bigger and families are smaller! Crazy. It definitely makes it hard to ask if we can "upgrade" "add on" "fix up" whatever you wanna call it... That extra potential room. Cus his famous words are "we raised 6 kids in that house" SIGH! lol. Seriously, we have ONE bedroom upstairs and ONE bathroom that hooks onto the girls' bedroom. Kenneth built our room in the basement where it was completely unfinished.. Our closet is the old coal room which is attached to our bedroom. He did a sweet job down here. I still cant fathom 6 kids being raised pre what kenneth has fixed up. Kenneth actually grew up here for a minute as well. His parents lived here with him & Tally while they built the house next door that they live in now. So this house has alot of burke love!
I will be sad the day we outgrow it.
I would love to stay here forever but Kenneth would LOVE to build us a house. He has always wanted to do so. He is so unique when it comes to building. He has this awesome picture in his head of what he wants. The best part is he can pretty much build and do everything himself except for electricity. So when we do come to the point when we can build we will save a TON of money with his skills. He is so talented. Grandpa Burke was down in our basement today with the hvac guys & he was looking around at what Kenneth has done all on his own and he was tellling me how talented & smart he thinks kenneth is. If you have met him he doesnt praise often so this was a huge compliment. I was so excited to tell Kenn what his grandpa told me. No kidding he didnt believe me! He thought I was messing with him. So ya, it made him feel good. I am way proud of him!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment