Thursday, July 7, 2011

Late Pea Pickin'




So we have been waiting & waiting for the peas to come on!! They FINALLY do and my first day out to pick them I got sick from the heat and since im a dummy I had went out to pick them in the morning without breakfast.. It is sort of hard to eat in the morning considering Im still struck with good ole morning sickness and I have to vomit every morning so food is far from my mind!
So I ran into a hypoglycemic episode.. ( I get it bad when im preg. With Chloe I fainted a few times.) when this happened I had walked away from the peas & wAs at the other end of our property.. I started walking up the dirt path as I was swaying trying to keep focused on getting to the end of the path and into my house to grab a piece of bread. I had both girls with me so i went into mommy be tough mode and tried my hardest to make it home without fainting. I ended up on my knees crawling down the path cus my eyes had went all blurry and I was so dizzy I just couldnt keep on my feet. I shouldve just sent Chloe to grab me some bread but all that was on my mind wAs to get home safe with the girls. By the end of the dirt path I forced myself up and started walking as fast as I could. My shoes fell off from all the crooked walking I was doing but I made it to my backyard!!! Then we got into the house and I hurried and grabbed a loaf of bread and layed on the ground on the nice cool tile.. Chloe went and grabbed me a pillow and we all 3 lied there eating wheat bread. After 3 pieces I got enough strength to get us all downstairs in my nice COOL basement where My bedroom is. We hung out in my bed for about 2 hrs. That took so much energy out of me I wasnt able to do anything for a few awhile. Note to self... EAT BEFORE GOING OUTSIDE! lol especially in this heat!
So back on track I picked 5 big bowls of peas last night!!! Of course after you pod them it only made for one bowl! We like to put them in the freezer and eat the throughout fall/Winter etc.

Tonight Hopefully I can finish up on picking the rest. Im not gonna lie, picking them sucks! It's hot and you have to sit in the buggy dirt and pick quick or you are there forever! Poor Leah, last night when we come in from picking peas she sat down to use the potty.. She kept sticking her hand in the front part of her potty where she had peed.. Gross.. I told her to get her hand out of there and when she pulled her hand out a SPIDER came crawling out of her potty bowl!!!! OMG HOW SAD!!! I cant help but think where that spider was and that she had peed it out??? It just upsets me for her!! Horrid! Spiders are just wrong! I am still traumitized for her. I jumped in the shower real quick us I was so paranoid.. HEEBIE FREAKING JEEBIES!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Oh I want those peas, they look so good! That is terrible that you are so sick Misty! I'm sorry, I wish I could help... Just be glad you are not in Phoenix! It's ridiculous hot!